Location-tracking features have long stirred controversy. Location services and GPS are great in today’s world, representing a significant benefit that saves users time, money, and nerves. However, it becomes a problem when various organizations leverage the collected and stored data to achieve hidden agendas and purposes.
Most are probably aware of the recent news about Google agreeing to pay USD $391.5M to 40 US states to resolve a probe into controversial location-tracking practices. Facebook stated earlier this year they are discontinuing several services that tracked your real-time location — including Nearby Friends, weather alerts, location history, and background location. The list goes on.
Location-tracking apps can, however, be useful, as long as you use them with vigilance.
Glympse knows a thing or two about this. We started long ago – in 2008 – with the Glympse Consumer App – an efficient and easy-to-use mobile app for temporarily sharing your location with friends, family and people you have a small connection with. You can even request them to share their location with you. This way you can skip saying things like, “I’m on my way”, or “I’m running a few minutes late” because people can simply follow you on the map.
We added Glympse En Route – a (hybrid-native) application for enterprise brands that is available in the app stores. The solution is used globally by brands to power proactive communications for their end customers during the critical moments that matter most:
- When their customers are waiting for a service person to arrive
- When their customers are waiting for a big and bulky delivery to be made to their house or business
- When their customers are arriving to pick up a product(s) curbside and expect it to be ready the moment they drive up.
Additionally, Glympse recently added Glympse PRO – a cost-effective, easy-to-use mobile app for small businesses with up to 10 staff members in the field who are looking to provide their customers with better information and communication around scheduled jobs, deliveries or pickups.
Amazing and Immediate ROI
We are proud to provide location-based mobile applications and solutions that offer communication between the right people at the right time when it matters most. We help people and businesses temporarily share real-time locations safely, securely and temporarily. Here are some examples:
- A US-based furniture company saw an immediate 10 percent drop in customer not-at-homes by simply sending one SMS notification with a link to a live tracker and ETA countdown when the delivery truck was on the way.
- A UK telecommunication company saw a peak 14-point NPS improvement in an 8-week trial by implementing a more complete customer notification process with iterative updates culminating in live map technician view.
- A US telecom company saved tens of thousands of dollars a month by avoiding wasted truck rolls and minimizing cancellations and reschedules.
The Features of Choice
Our company has provided our customers with an industry leading geo-location tracking platform which provides necessary features for any company looking to improve their logistics and customer loyalty.
Some of our many features include:
- Live location of delivery driver or technician when en route to the customer
- Accurate ETA, adapting to traffic and delays
- Back-end dashboard with metrics and data for managers
- Notifications automatically sent to your customers via SMS, push, or email
- Pre-built integrations with Microsoft D365, Oracle, Salesforce, Descartes, Verizon Connect and others
- Voice assistant and IVR integrations for customer self-service updates
- Two-way messaging between customer and driver
- Instant real-time feedback after the appointment or delivery is complete
- Battery optimized capabilities so driver does not need to worry about their battery draining
- Proof of delivery and customer signature capture
Testimonials from our Partners
Throughout our many years of operations, we had the opportunity and pleasure of working with some of the industries best. It humbles and excites us to receive positive feedback from our business partners of past and present. Here are a few:
“By working with Glympse, we’re helping our customers provide their end customers even more visibility into technician location and ETA information with a custom branded web experience.” – GM of a software company
“Utilizing Glympse’s location sharing technology significantly enhances the in-home customer service experience and reinforces our commitment to on-time appointment arrivals. By providing real-time updates, it allows customers to conveniently plan for their appointments and eliminate any wonder about when the technician will arrive.” – COO of a telecom company
“We know our customers are busy and their time is valuable, so now they can track a technician’s ETA right on their phone. It’s just one more way we’re putting people in control to get help how they want.” – Chief Customer Officer of telecommunications company
“As a franchisee owner, it’s important to find the right partners to stay ahead of the trends. Glympse has the vision to do just that by eliminating much of our non-transactional call volume and by generating real-time metrics for key operational components that were previously unmeasurable. Because of Glympse, I have happier customers and a bigger bottom line.” – Franchisee Owner
Sharing the Power of Real-Time Location
We’ve spent over a decade providing location-sharing experiences that strike a harmonious balance between easy, safe, useful, temporary and private. With millions of Glympses sent via our consumer app each month, we know a thing or two about making location sharing easy for the sender and accessible for the recipient.
Because everyone here at Glympse is a tech geek and gets excited about creating cutting-edge solutions, we applied that same approach to developing solutions that enable enterprise brands to deliver a smoother customer-first experience for when people, products and services are in motion.
Whether your company is a small business or an enterprise brand, Glympse’s lineup of solutions are ready to provide you with the tools for a “forward” thinking mentality. Contact us to learn more about Glympse and how we can help provide you with a better solution.