A few weeks ago we announced that we were joining the Location Based Marketing Association, LBMA, as a corporate member. The LBMA’s goal is to educate, share best practices, establish guidelines for growth and to promote the services of member companies to brands and other content-related providers.
This week the LBMA announced that they are appointing Cami Zimmer, our EVP of Business Development and Marketing, to their new global Advisory Board to help deliver on the potential of location data. Cami will be joined by:
- Asif R. Khan – Founder and President – The LBMA (Chairman of the Board)
- Nicolas Rieul – Chief Strategy & Marketing Officer – S4M
- Janette Smrcka – IT Director – Mall of America
- Gary Schwartz – Co-Founder & Managing Director – Pegasus Fintech
- Denise McKenzie – Executive Director, Communication & Outreach – Open Geospatial Consortium
This new board will focus the organization on continued global expansion, research and aid in closing the gap between governments, business and consumer application of location intelligence, advertising data and the sensorfication of our world.
This is important to us here at Glympse because location is central to our mission and everything we do! And given the concerns about personal privacy in today’s world, as well as the adoption of GDPR this last year, we feel this association is key, and we are very honored to play such an important role in helping take the organization to new levels. Read more about the LBMA’s Advisory Board here.